Monday, May 2, 2011

Relationships

I actually just wrote a really long ass blog post about relationships and the different levels of emotions that you go through throughout your years of life and as I started reading it back one thing kept screaming in my head. . .

'how do you have any right to write this post?'

I'm not a relationship expert (you're shocked right? haha! jk)
I don't know anything about relationships expect for the sitautions I've been in.
Yes, I've made mistakes along the way... but it definitely has shaped me for the better.

Through good and bad, thick and thin, hot and cold, fun and boring, nice and mean times I've realized what is most important to me.

Here's a snapshot of my thought progression on relationships...

Things I've learned a long the way:
Family is everything. When you're with someone you're not only with them, but with their family.
You shouldn't ever have to compromise your family for your relationship. Don't let anyone ever make you feel bad for wanting to attend family or friend functions.
Career is important, but not when it comes before everything else.
Spending money is fine, when you have it. (I know, I know. I'm working on this one)
Faith and religion are more important than I originally thought at first.
There are people out there that bring out the best in you.
If you don't like something- change it.
Negativity is evil and will ruin any and every situation.

My current relationship is teaching me alot. Although it hasn't been long, I would honestly say I've learned so much and grown so much from it already. Patience isn't something I'm good with and having a rock to lean on is so refreshing and comforting. Not having to be the caretaker all the time and knowing that I have someone there no matter what is also amazing. It's so funny to look at the differences between us. (he'll probably kill me that I'm even writing this post about him- hehe sorry baby.) Our experience in life have given us both different perspectives.

For example- our situation kinda sucks currently.

He's been over in Africa working since January and we've been having a long distance relationship through the last few months. Now my mindset is that I hate it. I absolutely hate being away from him, that I can't just text him all the time, that I we can't be together every week,  that July 1st is sooooooooo far away, and that this is the worst thing that's ever happen. His mindset is- it's only a few months, it's a great career opportunity, that we're closer than ever and that the time we have together we make worthwhile. I feel that his experiences in life have made him so much more mature in this relationship that I currently am. My thoughts are more immature and wanting to have everything right now... now, that is my personality- I hate waiting for things, I'm a very 'in the now' type of person. I believe that I'm learning to accept things I cannot control and am gaining patience that I did not have before.

Relationships. Shamlationship. Who has all the answers? No one does... but when you find something that works and brings out the best in you (and your significant other) that can really make your heart smile. And mine is definitely smiling the biggest smile it's had in a longggggggg time.


Peace, Love and LOVE!


ps. I love you baby :-*


No comments:

Post a Comment