Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Biggest RENTHead Contest!!!

I remember when I first heard the Rent soundtrack. I was in high school. And I was in LOVE.
I was so obsessed with the soundtrack. I used to hate having to go to school because it meant I couldn't listen to it.

My friends and I drove 5 hours to see our first Rent show. We missed the first 5 minutes and were kinda pissed. We actually brought candles, stood outside the theater, lit them and sang Would You Light My Candle. It was pretty awesome.

We used to have Rent parties. Make Rent memorabilia such as bags, shirts, shorts, etc. Sing the songs alllllllllllllll the time. We even tried to convince our choir director to put on Rent. Yeah, that didn't happen BUT we did get to sing Seasons of Love my Junior year. That was definitely a highlight.

I've seen the show 5 times in the theater - including one of them starring Constantine Maroulis. I went to see the movie TWICE in the theater on opening day (midnight and then later that night) and bought it the day it came out of DVD. I had 3 different cd versions of the show.

About a week ago my friend Krista, one of the original RentHeads that I hung out with in High School, tweeted me a link for this contest. What contest you ask... ohhhhh just to find the biggest RentHead to become the official blogger for the show.

Um yes. I know what you're thinking. MY DREAM JOB!

Obviously I needed to apply. So I made a video... and although it's probably not the standard 'Pick me! I'm awesome! I love Rent' video that others may enter - I'm hoping to catch attention for my creativeness. Haha we'll see if it works!!!!!!!

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!



Peace, Love, and I wish I was latin so I could play Mimi on Broadwayyyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment