Thursday, April 21, 2011

p90x

So this morning my alarm went off and I’ll be honest… I definitely went back to bed. I’m hoping to leave work with enough time to get my workout in tonight instead.


On Monday I started doing the P90x workout videos, compliments of my lovely boyfriend. Not that he told me to do them- he gave me the videos cause I asked ;) haha (don’t take it that way lol)


I started following the ‘lean’ program and have completed 3 days so far. This morning I just really wanted to sleep so I didn’t get to jump into the 4th yet. Tonight. I’ll do it tonight.

Yesterday I was talking to Brad and he was saying that I must like it since I’ve 1. Completed the videos in their entirety and 2. Completed them for 3 days now. Let’s be real for a second. In no way shape or form do I LIKE doing these videos. I actually hate them… but I need to get something going as my daily treadmill or elliptical spells don’t seem to be cutting it. And with us on the cusp of bathing suit season I need to start getting in shape… especially after wearing my suit in Africa I definitely do not feel comfortable going to the wave pool or sandcastle after that. (thankfully no one knew me on that continent haha!)

I’m not following their diet plan for a few different reasons- the main being that since I travel I can’t cook my own food and really plan out exactly what I’m going to eat. I am, however, following a restricted calorie plan where I’m eating between 1400-1500 calories a day with hopes to loose 1 pound of fat a week (while building and defining my muscles with the workout videos).

I’ll keep you up to date with my progress ;) we’ll see how it goes… The P90x workout program is 6 days a week. And being realistic that’s probably not going to happen. I’m shooting to complete 4-5 days a week. Why lie to myself? Gotta set obtainable goals.

So far I’m pretty sore haha- I sneezed yesterday and my abs hurt. That’s always a good sign! Haha This weekend I need to go and buy a band to use. Up to this point my ‘weights’ have been the 2 water bottles that the Westin provides in their rooms. Funny right? haha! Hey it works… and since I have no upper body strength whatsoever it’s a good ease into using weights. Haha (I just re-read this paragraph and realized how pathetic it sounds) Sad but true… saaaaaaaad but true.

My music pick this post is something that you can use to help you through workouts. I’ve found this podcast from the United States of Trance Movement.



It comes out every other Monday. You can listen/download through their website, but it’s also on iTunes and I use that stay updated. Check them out: USTM - they’re usually 2 hours too, which gives you max work out tunes. Love it!

Hope everybody is being holier than thou this Holy Thursday.

Peace, Love and my imaginary 6 pack.



Update: I totally did the Kenpo video tonight. yay go me. :) haha

2 comments:

  1. Jules!!!! i do p90 too!! im on phase 2 (month 2) of the lean program too! you will DEF be sore, but its a good sore! and just think to yourself when you feel like not doing it that you worked SO hard and were so sore after it, do you really want to give that up?? HELL NO you dont! and it works! this is my second go around on it (i did it about 10 months ago as well) and both times i didnt really drop any weight till about week 3 so dont get frustrated. you will wake up one morning and will just have lost it over night! TRUE STORY! i love you girlfriend and i am proud of you cause it is a VERY tuff program......and just remember "you can do anything for 30 seconds" ......you'll understand what i mean later in the program! if you have any questions, you know how to get ahold of me! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you SO got this girl! I did a REALLY intense routine last summer, all 90 days, then fell to 3-4 days and shortly after to 2-3 days once school started up again. I also dont follow THEIR nutritional plan, for similar reasons as you, but do a similar restricted calorie plan. it really is an incredible program. i think part of what i like so much is that every 2-3 minutes youre doing a new exercise; i get bored easily, so that definitely helps me. i totally relate about the sneezing and being in pain... the program is insane, and so is tony horton. most of the time i am cursing him. lately i just mute him and put my ipod on REALLY loud so i can distract myself through the workout. we have to keep each other motivated and updated on progress!!!

    ReplyDelete