Saturday, April 16, 2011

Central Park

Woke up this morning and it wasn't the nicest days outside. It wasn't raining yet and according to the hour by hour on weather.com I had until about noon til it was going to rain. So I decided that instead of going to the gym for my work out I was going to trek it up to Midtown and go to Central Park. I hadn't been there since I came here and even having been there before I never really explored it.

So I set off. 25-ish minute subway ride and I made it to Columbus circle. I wasn't sure exactly which way to go so I just started off walking down the paths and watching where other people were going. After about 20 or so minutes I realized I should have turned the app on that I have on my phone that tracks how far you go. After looking at the map I realized it was going to take me a longgg time to get to the other end of the park and then back to the beginning.

Down windy paths, stopping every so often to enjoy the view or looking at the map to see where things were and where I was, I made my way through Central Park.

There was a Parkinson's Walk going on today so there were many people there with signs and tee-shirts. It was about 11:30 and I reached the other side of the park and thinking about what the weather forecast had said before I left I realized I better start booking it to the other side of the park.

On my way back to the front of the park I ended up getting lost on some trails up in the north part of the park. Down one of them I saw this little waterfall that immediately took me back to walking the trails with my love in Zambia.

In the end this is what my workout ended up looking like and I got a great tour of Central Park! :)
Central Park is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than I ever remember it being. It's crazy! I look forward to more weekend workouts in the park!

Dj Tiesto's Club Life Volume One: Las Vegas album got me through my power walk sesh this morning. This is one of the great tracks on this compilation.



Peace, Love and Power Walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment