Friday, July 9, 2010

Wouldn't it be... the best damn day

Ever listen to a song and it takes you right back to a specific event/place/situation? Today I had my ipod on shuffle and O.A.R. came on soooooo I decided it was definitely an O.A.R. listening day. Every time I listen to O.A.R. I immediately am taken back to my sophomore year of college, sitting at my desk, blaring O.A.R. getting ready to see them at Fall Fest! I remember I was dating this kid at the time who lovvveeeed O.A.R. so he was coming down to see them. It was a great concert - I remember singing along to all the songs, the weather was perfect and my former roommate Jackie and I found a new love of vodka mixed with diet dr. pepper. (can't drink it anymore because I'm pretty sure I drank way too much of it that night)

It's so funny how songs can really take you from your current setting and whisk you away to somewhere completely different.

The Taylor Swift Fearless cd makes me think of the day we left for our Disney cruise last year. Every song I hear reminds me of driving my old boyfriend's car down McKnight Rd with the windows down and singing a long. I had dropped him off at work because I was just going to pick him up and then head to the airport and I had just gotten the cd a day or two before so I was still obsessed with listening to it.

The Gorillza's Feel Good Inc (or Pimp Ah as Steph and I call it haha) and any Lil Jon old school song reminds me of the parties my roommate Steph and I used to have. The Black Eye Pea's My Humps reminds me of a party at my friend Ian's house. We were all playing beer pong and all the guys were dancing around - wish you could have seen it because it was hhhiiilllaarriioouussss. DJ Sammy's Heaven reminds me of driving to high school with my friend Anna blaring it and singing.

What songs take you back to another place? There are seriously soooooooooo many that come to mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment