Friday, July 23, 2010

American Idol's LIVE!

American Idol's LIVE Season 9!!!!!!
My Aunt Debbie, Cousin Christen, Myself and My Mom


So, I'm pretty much obsessed with Idol (I'm sure you haven't been able to figure that out by now haha) and OF COURSE we went to the Idol's concert last night!! It actually was scheduled to be held in September at the new Consol Energy Center but last week we got an email saying they moved it to yesterday and it was going to be at Starlake. Sooooooo SURPRISE!! We got to go 2 months early!

First off. Thank god we weren't on vacation! Second off. They gave crappy seats that apparently were 'comparable' to the seats we bought at Consol. mmmmhmmmm. riiiiiight. AND THEN we paid $50 for our tickets and yesterday they were selling tickets for 10 freaking dollars!!! Like, excuse me- whatttt?! Kinda ridic. But we ended up moving to the first row of the second session to watch the first half of the concert. The second half of the concert we went down to the front section and sat about 10 rows from the stage.

The Idols performed in the order they were kicked off. So Didi came out first... ummm... (Sorry Von) but it was a pretty boring way to start the show. She sounded ok on her first song and then she sang 'Terrified' the song that she sang in Hollywood week (Kara's song) and she sounded really good on that one.


Then Andrew came out and sang his two songs. Here's a preview of what he sang - haha loved when he sang this song on the show!!



Katie Stevens came out next and blewwwww me away. I thought she was good on Idol, but WOW. She was awesome in person! When I told her that she sounded awesome and she gave me the biggest smile and was sooo genuinely thankful for the compliment. She was really really nice. I liked her a lot. 









Here's a creepy picture of me being like 4 people away from her but her looking at my camera to get a pic hahaha. It was really funny because me and Christen were all excited to see the Idols and my mom and Aunt kept being like turn around, turn around!! smile! take a picture! haha so we got some great keepers like the pic above hahaha.


Then after Katie came and blew me away my boyfriend came on the stage next. *sigh* Ohhhhh I love me some Tim Urban. I'm just going to post some beautiful pictures of him and a video.


So after Tim came out and I wiped up all my drool, Sioban came out. Ok. I can definitely appreciate people who are different. Hey, it's what makes the world go round, but I just really don't get Sioban. She really came out and rocked it with 'Paint it Black' (check the vid) - honestly, she did a greatttttt job with it... but afterwards when she was signing autographs, idk. She was just... out there.


After Sioban sang a lil Gwen Stefani, Aaron came out. He does have a good voice but I was completely bored with his set. AND he's seriously like the smallest guy I've ever seen. Like my 13 year old brother is bigger than him. 

Then the 6 of them came out and sang a song that if Alyssa was at the concert with us she would have probably thrown up at. Miley Cyrus's The Climb. hahahaha

Thennnnn we moved closer to watch the show! haha After intermission Big Mike came out and sang. He's really awesome. Definitely can't dispute the 'Big Mike' nickname.


After Big Mike serenaded us, Casey came out and the crowd got the loudest I'd heard it all night. The girls went crazzzzzy. Now I'll be honest. I wasn't a fan during the show. I mean, I think he's a very talented guitarist, but his voice was so-so. After seeing him live I totally take it back. He was the biggest surprise of the night. He did a GREAT job. He was really good... and he actually is reallllllyyyy cute in person! :-)

Here's a video (sorry it's blurry) of Big Mike and Casey singing If You Really Love A Woman (which was one of my favorite parts of the concert)



THEN CAME CRYSTAL!!! SHE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I loved her! She's just a great performer. She had great stage presence and I loved her performances. I wish I could have just seen her perform the entire concert. I definitely will be getting her cd when it comes out :-) I loved during one of her songs she put down her guitar and sang with nothing in her hands. It was great to see her out of her comfort zone. She really is so talented. 


And last, but not least, it was a Beautiful Day when Lee came out!! haha He was a really good performer as well. Very captivating. LOVED his voice live. Loved it. 


**I've been trying to upload a video of Lee and for the life of me I can't get it to work, so I'll update the post once I can get it to work!!!**

So all in all it ended up being a good concert and we got to meet all of them (obvi). We were really disappointed in the beginning because #1 there was like noooo one there. Every single year we go to the concert and usually there are a tooooonnnnnnnnnnnn of people. #2 poptarts always sponsors the show and always pumps everybody up and they didn't do that this year. Not to mention you usually walk out with so many free poptarts hahaha. Also there were not t-shirt scalpers outside! That's usually where I get my tie-dyed idol shirts! hahaha

So until next year... you know I'll be at the concert. The only one I've missed so far was the year I started working because I was flying out to Phoenix the day of the concert. I was prettttty pissed, won't lie.

Oh well....


LISTEN TO THISSSSS!!!
So I just downloaded all of the Atari albums. I used to be soooo obsessed with them when I was in high school.  Ataris- Takeoffs and Landings Definitely a band I used to go to Club Laga in Oakland to go see.

I remember my boyfriend in highschool used to play their songs too. Haha they had a band- 3ML aka 3 minutes later- and they always used to cover songs like that. Awwweee I loved that. haha 

See yaaaa - Juls

No comments:

Post a Comment