Saturday, July 3, 2010

Finally doing me and it feels so right, ohhh

Have you ever stopped and looked at your life and thought- wow... 6 months ago I really didn't think my life would be what it is right now.

Over the last 4 days of being so freaking sick (and it's totally ruining my 4th of July long weekend, ughhh), I've really been doing a lot of thinking about where I am, what I'm doing and where I want to go.

Jason Derulo's Ridin' Solo lyric's are really ringing true with me right now. I feel like the last year or two I've really been loosing myself and now I'm really spending time on me and getting myself back to where I want to be. :-)

I feel like one thing that can really make or break my mood is music. Music can help you through any situations of life. Happy times, sad times, trying times- I really feel that I can always rely on the lyrics or beats of my favorite songs. I know that I've already talked about this song a few posts ago, but 'I Can Do Better Than That' from The Last Five Years really is such a great song that really always puts me in a great mood. Something about singing along to it just really helps me! But there are 2 no fail ways to get me in a great mood 1. Christmas music or 2. Celine Dion.

I honestly wish it was Christmas time every single moment of the year. And if we couldn't have that, I wish it was at least acceptable to keep up your christmas trees and decorations and listen to christmas music. It's kind of funny because usually I hate how the radio plays the same 10 songs over and over and over again. But with Christmas music- I can listen to the same 10 songs, sung by 20 different people over and ovvvvver again. I always keep some Christmas tunes on my ipod throughout the year and bust them out every now and then. haha ;-)

I'm pretty much obsessed with Celine Dion. She really is my idol. Ever since I was little I've idolized her. Growing up we always used to listen to her and Gloria Estefan. I still remember the first concerts for both performers that we attended. If you were to look at the music on my computer I have about every single Celine cd that she's released on it. If you were to ask me what my favorite song is I honestly wouldn't even be able to answer that question. There are so many different songs on her albums that are my favorites for different reasons. Any time I'm getting ready to sing- for a wedding, a competition, anything!- I always put her music on and she always gives me a good warm up.

What kind of songs help you out in tough situations? Happy situations? Get you in the partyin' mood?

One of my favorite songs right now is Danny Gokey (aka my boyfriend)'s My Best Days Are Ahead of Me. Watch this video- I love all the quotes in it :-)

Happy 4th <3
Juls

No comments:

Post a Comment