Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I just want to guard and protect your heart

So who out there watches the Bachelorette? I'll be honest, in college we always watched it. We actually had a Bachelor party my sophomore year complete with tons of food, drinks, shirts for the girl we were hoping he'd choose, and a pan of jello shots that spelled out our favorite girl's name. (ok, maybe a tad bit creepy, but we had a lot of fun!! and probably had too many of the jello shots- butttt that's besides the point)

My reality tv loving mother (apple doesn't fall far from the tree) always watches the Bachelor/Bachelorette and got me hooked back on last season when Jake was the Bachelor. (sorry, def don't like Vienna, but whatever) I liked Ali at first on the last season, but then when she was leaving and was like crying and got really annoying - I got turned off. I remember having a conversation with my friend Iwona (check out her blog- she's an AWESOME photog) who's always up for watching the show and I said I wasn't going to watch this season 'cause I didn't like Ali. And that's the truth. I really didn't plan on watching this season... until one day at work.

At work I sit next to this guy named Alex. Nice guy, helps pass the time at work. Anyways, one day he mentions that he's going to have to watch the Bachelorette this season. WHATTT? (was my first reaction) REALLY? Come to find out that a guy who he grew up with is on the show. Alright- well that was it, obviously I was going to have to tune in to the show... at least until his friend was kicked off.

SOOOO in case you wondered how I came to watch the show, that's my story. And that brings us to this week.

Ohhh this week's episode. I won't lie, definitely my favorite episode of the season. I would have LOVED to have gone on their group date this week. I love the Lion King musical- definitely have seen it twice. But I'm sorry, Kasey is RIDICULOUS. Honestly?? Is this guy serious? During the show my sister and her friend were making fun of him and mocking his voice. After the show we filmed some videos (complete with props to make it look like 'Kasey' was on a picnic) and then posted them on YouTube and Facebook. I wish you could see how many hits your videos on facebook get- but the response on YouTube has been kind of funny. So Monday night we uploaded the 2 videos at a little after 11 at night. When I got up to go to work there were already almost 200 hits on the videos. By the end of the day the hits were up to almost 400... and now 2 days later... they're over 1000!

Now, like I said before I posted the videos straight on FB so my sister nor I had a link to my YouTube account on my FB page. Which means the people watching these videos are purely searching and finding the videos on the site. It's interesting because the tags that I put were Ali Fedotowsky; Kasey; Bachelorette; Season 6; ABC; Muppet Voice.

If you go onto YouTube and just search Kasey Bachelorette our video comes up 2nd!!

A little bit further down the page is our second video


At first my sister was pretty mad that I posted these online. She was kind of embarrassed, but after reading a comment that someone left saying that she was their new idol, she's definitely ok with it now.

So everyone go on and watch the videos!! We're trying to make my sister famous!! Or me... Which ever (I prefer me, but I'll help her out! haha)

DL IT:
After the Tony's this week I've been on a Broadway kick. The Aida and The Last Five Year soundtracks always put me in a happy mood. I couldn't decide which to post so I'm going to post my fav song from each

The Last Five Years: Sherie Rene Scott - I Can Do Better Than That
Aida: Heather Headley and Adam Pascal - Elaborate Lives

I'm sorry but I freaking loveeeee Sherie Rene Scott and Heather Headley. Ahhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. First- SO AGREE about Casey/Kasey however you spell it. If he said "guard and protect your heart" one more time I was going to die. Unfortuantely, I already read the realitysteve.com website and knew what was going to happen on the episode (and the rest of the season- you should read it), but GEESH. That guy is wacked. I also would have loved to go on that date. I've been on a musicals kick again too since the Tonys. You should check out some of the new songs from the Phantom Sequel. "Till I Hear You Sing" just might be the most amazing song I've ever heard. The anthem "Love Never Dies" isn't too bad either. THEre's some good ones. As for AIDA, I think Written in the Stars is my favorite. I think that will be my album of choice at work today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I love every single song on that soundtrack. I'm definitely going to have to check that out!! Def google-ing it right now.

    I'm so excited- I'm going to see Memphis next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete