Monday, June 7, 2010

DAY 1- 10 pounds to go!!

Day 1. Deloitte's 20 Ton Challenge. You and a teammate must lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Me and Lisa have signed up for the challenge.

So how do I plan to lose this 10 pounds? Welllllll The Daily Plate has been a website that'd I've used over the last two years off and on. When I've committed to using the site everyday it's really helped me lose weight. You put in your weight, your activity level and also what your goal is (ie. loose 1 pound a week, lose 2 pounds a week, maintain your weight, gain 1 pound a week, etc) and it gives you the calorie total you must eat each day. To achieve maximum results you need to eat this specific amount every day. If you exercise or do other physical activity you can log it and it will update your daily calories. So if it says you can eat 1400 calories a day and you run and burn 250 calories, then you can actually each 1650 calories.

Also, I'm planning on following my awesome friend Agnes' blog as well. This girl rocks and is totally dedicated to leading a healthy lifestyle. Check out her CRON blog!! CRON is Calorie Restriction Optimal Nutrition and I'll be taking that approach, but definitely not as hardcore as Ag. I'll be restricting my calories using the calculations given to me on the daily plate and trying to exercise as much as I can.


In other exciting news- I ran my first 5k!!!!! It was on the treadmill at the gym, but I'm sooooo happy!! A couple months ago I couldn't even run for like 5 minutes and now I can 3.1 straight miles!! Yay yay yay!!! (small victories ok!? haha)


If anyone else has any ideas for helping me and Lisa complete our goal and to help us lose weight- let me know!!!!


Check it outttttttttt- David Guetta and Kelly Rowland's Commander 
Heard this track on the newest Powermix podcast. I'm loving itttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment