Wednesday, January 26, 2011

True Life: I'm Moving to NYC

So I feel like my life was a movie today. If it was, I even know what music I'd have picked out for the different scenes.


Scene 1 - My taking me to the airport

I believe I would have had Katy Perry's Fireworks playing. It's just a happy, fun song that I feel like it would have been appropriate.

Scene 2 - Delay at the Airport

The song I'd pick out for this scene would be 'Waiting For' by Peter Gelderblom.

Scene 3 - Arrive in New York
'The World Is Mine' by David Guetta (you knowwwww, MY ANTHEM!!) most definitely. I could definitely see it playing as I was walking off the plane with a huge smile on my face. I walked down to baggage claim and my bags were already out on the belt. As soon as I took them off a man came over and assisted me with getting my luggage on a cart and getting me a taxi. It honestly couldn't have gone smoother. And I loved the man working the taxis who said 'You must be moving to the city with all that luggage' and I just laughed. He proceeded to then say 'Welcome to the City. Enjoy your life!'.

Scene 4 - Driving in the Taxi to my Apartment
I don't even need to pick a song because I believe the song that was playing was perfect. Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing' was playing and the cabbie was jamming to it. It was honestly perfect and, I won't lie, I totally got choked up and teary eyed. I was texting my friend Iwona and everything just hit me all at once- that this was real. I was really driving to my new apartment. That I was really going to live here. That I was really going to be living in the city that I'd always dreamt of.

Scene 5 - The Apartment/Concierge
First State's 'My Sanctuary'. Within an hour of being at my new apartment I managed to make the management office pissed off and become friends with Jose the Concierge. Haha

Scene 6 - The Ikea Treck
Well. Jose told me to take 3 different subway trains and then to walk 20 minutes to Ikea. I wasn't too thrilled to do that off the bat so I tried to get a cab. 2 to be exact. And both of them told me they wouldn't take me there. So I said, suck it up. Ya gotta try it. And I headed down into the subway. I believe a good song to play at this point would be Tiesto's 'Driving to Heaven'. Because I feel like it would capture all the hustling people scurrying around in the snow at rush hour and also would get in all the passing trains down below the city. Well, after successfully taking 3 different trains (and only managing to stand and wait 10 minutes for a wrong one -but I realized before I got on it that it was wrong) I ended up in Brooklyn.... and got totally LOST. A good song to play at this moment would probably be 'Brooklyn's Finest' by Jayz. Just because when I think of Brooklyn that song always plays in my head.

Scene 7- Getting home
Probably 'All I've Ever Wanted' by BassHunter.

Yay!! Good First Day!

Peace, Love, and NYC <3

No comments:

Post a Comment