Monday, January 17, 2011

Entire cds?

I have to laugh because I just loaded $20 worth of itunes credit onto my computer and I only have $5 left now. After buying a few singles I came across the Swedish House Mafia's 'Until One' album. I'm actually shocked I don't own it yet seeing that it came out the end of Oct, but then again you do have to remember that Nov- Jan I have a strict 'Only Christmas Music' policy. But what made me laugh is that my boyfriend was just mentioning the other day that I'm probably the only person that still buys complete cds! Is this true?! Do you guys still buy whole cds or just singles off of itunes?

I can't imagine not having whole cds. He does make a great point that more people are apt to buy just the single rather than spring for the entire cd ... which would force musicians to try to make their cds as complete and perfect as they can. I mean no ones going to buy that entire cd for those 5 songs that shouldn't have even made it there in the first place. He's right- Itunes and other internet music media companies have forced artists to challenge themselves and try to make the best album that they can. *Don't tell them, but I'll probably still buy them regardless;)*

As for the SHM I'll update once I get a good feel for the album, but I mean... I feel like there's no way it can be that bad ;)

If you're thinking to myself, Swedish House Mafia... sounds familiar. What's one of their songs.

You may have heard one of these:

One:



Miami to Ibiza:


I have a feeling you may see more blog posts from me about music coming now since I'm trying to stay busy and keep my mind off my boyfriend who's a million miles away right now :( waaahhhhh

Peace, Love and Electro House,
Juls

No comments:

Post a Comment