Sunday, March 13, 2011

so happy.

Forewarning: mushy post.

Sometimes I really, honestly want to stand on top of a mountain and scream how happy I am.

It's amazing how much we take for granted. I know in my past and present relationships, romantic and friendship, I start to get into a grind and really overlook the amazingness people bring to my life.

The bf is currently working in Botswana and has been gone for 7 weeks. It's been interesting working on a fairly new relationship with a 7 hour time difference. One thing that's amazing about my boyfriend is that he honestly is such a thoughtful, selfless guy. He's the kinda guy that I know would do (and does) anything for me. He has an amazing family that is so much fun, and he really has his priorities in life straight. Although having him gone hasn't been ideal I really believe it's brought us even closer together.

This past week he was able to come home for a week!!! :) I felt like a little kid waiting for Santa to come last Thursday night. It actually took him so long to get home (a few hours driving & several flights over 3 days) and he arrived Friday morning. I couldn't fall asleep,then when I did actually fall asleep I'd wake up I'd look at the clock and count down the hours til I got to see him, and then at about 6am (which, if you know me, I have to force myself to get out of bed last minute to go to work) I decided I couldn't (or attempt to) sleep anymore and went to the gym.

The past week was amazing! Although we didn't do like a ton of out of the ordinary stuff I had the most fun and such a memorable weekend. Just being with him made me so happy.

We actually left Pittsburgh on Thursday and came to NYC for the weekend before he flew back to South Africa this morning. We did a bunch of fun things in the city and it was fun to experience them with him.

Having a few Guinness for St. Patty's Day (and Brad's Birthday!) in the East Village :)

I wish he wasn't going back, but the good news is I don't have to wait that long to see him again! I'm going over to visit him the first week of April so I only have to wait 3 weeks to see him!!!

Me and My Babe at South Street Seaport 
(contrary to popular belief they do not sell crab legs down there, but they do have good beer)

I was trying to keep myself busy all day (church, shopping, laundry, working out...) and trying not to think about how amazing this week was and how sad I am that he's gone again. Long distance relationships suck, but it's ok. It'll work out for the best :) It has to - right? 

21 days til I leave <3 yayyyy!!

Yup. This post's song is definitely from the bieb's. Somebody to Love. I think it's appropriate :)


Peace, Love, and African Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment