Monday, March 28, 2011

NYC Swag

I'm in love with NYC. I seriously love this city so far. Every weekend I feel like I'm on vacation and I loovveeee ittttt!!


The last three weekends have been soooo much fun! First Brad was in and we had an amazing weekend. Highlight from that weekend I believe would be the dinner we had at Lincoln (or maybe Sushi Samba) - both were delish and amazing. (and obvi with amazing company)





Lincoln Resturant
Then Chauncey came to visit NYC last weekend for his sister birthday- so of course I hired him as my private tour guide of all the bars in brooklyn and manhattan. He def fulfilled his responsibilities. Sitting at the beach at Coney Islands drinking, hitting up some delicious food places (best bagel ever), seeing his fav places to hang out when he went to NYU, to going to the original Coyote Ugly was so much fun!

Hogs and Heifers
This weekend I was prepared to have kind of a low key weekend, not do anything crazy and try to not spend money because 1. I had work to do this weekend and 2. I'm leaving for Africa in a week and need to save!! I ended up meeting an old high school friend, Krista, on Saturday for a few drinks. Those few drinks turned into such a fun night! We ended up going to see Nunsense (just opened on Thursday) and sat in the first box next to the stage. Gonna be honest, it was awesome. And the show was good too! Also, because Krista has an amazing job (which I'm extremely jealous of and makes me want to quit mine and do something with the theater) I got a Marry Poppin's umbrella from the show... I can't wait until it rains now. Cannotttt wait!!


Today I got up and wanted to explore a little before I finished up my work and I'm so glad I did! I ended up hitting up soho for a little and then ventured over to the meat packing district and to check out chelsea market. Um, can I state for the record that Chelsea Market may be my new favorite place. LOOVEE IT!! So cool.



Chelsea Market

So I was worried about spending money this weekend so I decided to take a new approach. I took out $200 and promised myself that I wouldn't use my card at all and only use cash. I wasn't allowed to spend anymore than the $200. And guess what!! I did it! I actually came out with $25 left (and that was with spending $100 on getting my hair done w/ a mani pedi!) It's funny because my friend (BEN!) text me while I was out and was like 'be responsible! Don't spend too much money' and when I told him my plan with the cash he was impressed. I try... I try...


Yay for fun weekends! Can't believe I won't be here for 2 weeks. Gotta spend next weekend in Pittsburgh for work and then on Monday I leave for Zambia with my Baby! :) Yay Yay Yayyyy!!


Going along with the Mary Poppin's theme- I leave you with this for this post:



Peace, Love and aching feet from walking all over the city... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment