Friday, May 28, 2010

And the Next American Idol Is...

Sooooo how about American Idol... not only did I watch it (I mean, did you really think I'd miss it?), but we had an Idol party!! Complete with a mix of past season idols songs, idol tee-shirts, golden hollywood tickets, pina coloda's anddddd of course de-lish food.

My beautiful mother making pina coladas....




We were a basement divided when it came to who we wanted to win. Half wanted Crystal and the other half was pulling for Lee. To be honest, I liked them both equally and actually voted for both the night before. Everybody laughed saying I canceled out my vote, but hey! They're giving America the power to vote for whoever they want... I couldn't decide, so I voted for both.

I will say one thing - I'm glad the winner came from the Chicago auditions. Last July my friend Alyssa and I went to Chicago to audition. This was her first Idol audition, my second (previously went to a New York audition). Idol auditions need to be taken with a grain of salt. On one hand, they're really sooooo much fun! Between the people you meet, the memories you make, being a part of the entire experience- it honestly is a great time and we will definitely be going to another one this year. On the other hand, it's extremely frustrating. You see amazing singers, who are beautiful, talented and in your opinion have the 'it' factor... yet they do not make it through the first round of auditions. It also is frustrating to know that they judge you on maybe 10-15 seconds of a song. Now, my first experience with the auditions our entire group did not get to sing more than 15 second's of their song before abruptly being told 'no'. Chicago's producer were in fact nicer than that and even actually asked my friend to sing a second song! We really thought it went well and were extremely disappointed when they passed on everyone in our group. We did drop to our knees and plead, but that didn't seem to do any good.

What I'm about to say may come as a shocker (haha) ... but Idol is a *TV SHOW* and it's #1 priority is ratings. You can definitely tell that during the auditions. The most outlandish, stand out, crazy people are the ones that you see and are the ones that are always in the shots. This year we want to take a different angle and be more out there and entertaining... sooooo if anyone has any ideas let me know!!!! Signs always help.


But the finale this week was a great one... I loved all the performances. Pants on the ground was probably the highlight for me. But my favorite part was when they had all the idols come back and sing! I was really hoping they'd do something like that. I love seeing all the past idols! I do have to say though, the part where Paula came out was extremely awwwwkkwwarrdd. I mean did she really need to stand up there for 10 minutes and try to be funny? I love Paula, but that was a little weird for me. I'm really glad that they added Ellen on the show this year. She's HILARIOUS and I always love to hear her thoughts on the performances. She definitely has been a great addition.

So Idol. Where will you be next year at this time? Still a ground breaking, entertaining, popular show... or have you hit the peak of your success and it's only downhill from here? I guess we'll have to wait and see- but maybe that means less people will try out this year and we'll have a better chance to get on. Here's to hoping and wishing....



I'm taking suggestions on songs to sing for this years audition...
New York Audition I sang 'Someone to Watch Over Me'
Chicago Audition I sang 'Natural Woman'

I can't wait til they list out all the audition cities and dates- I'm already excited to go!!!!! We've got our idol tour tickets too so I'm pretty excited for the concert in September too!!

Today's song choice is due to a conversation Sarah and I had at work. We both love Celine Dion and we were talking about when she was on Oprah with the Canadian Tenors. I don't believe they've released this single (they're crazzzyyy if they don't record it), but check this ouuutttt. Hallelujah by The Canadian Tenors featuring Celine Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment