Thursday, May 27, 2010

Helllloooooo :-)

HELLO world :-) Here's my stab at a new type of social media. 

Sooooooooo what exactly are you supposed to write about in your first post on a blog that's subject you're still unsure of?

I guess I could tell you about my blogging experience... WELL. Previously, in what almost seems like another life time ago (ok! only 3 years ago), I used to blog for West Virginia University. I bet you're wishing you could read all my old posts... well good news! You can!! From Abroad Blog The news even did an article on it! KDKA WVU Students Blogging So no worries, you're reading the blog of a professional... just one out of practice. ;-)

But that was then, and this is now and unfortunately I am not off gallivanting all over Europe. Although, everyday I'm trying to find ways or dream ups schemes to get me back over there.  So I regret to inform you that my blog postings will not be as interesting as getting spit in the face during a trip to Prague or missing a flight in the Canary Islands because we went to the wrong airport originally, by the time we got to the correct airport the flight left and the only way home was on a flight out the next day at the 1st airport we went to (in which we spent the night sleeping on the benches since the airport closed at night).

Okkkk.. so now that you know that, what else can I tell you?

Well. I have a very addicting personality. Meaning- once I start liking or get interested in something I usually become addicted with it. One of the things I'm currently addicted to is social media. I'm constantly updating my facebook and twitter accounts. You can definitely check out my videos on YouTube (I'm still waiting to be discovered... worked out well for Justin Bieber, I'm still hoping). I keep my professional life updated on LinkedIn. And we even have a social media site like facebook at our work that I definitely update. I feel like my iPhone makes it way too easy to update these sites, hence why my usage went up on them once I got my phone. And that's another thing I'm definitely addicted to. My iPhone. Slowly but surely I'm trying to turn into a mac junky.


So throughout the rest of my blog I'm sure you'll come to know more about me... I'm kind of excited to see where this blog takes me. I'm very interested in getting more involved with social media and how it can benefit/aid in business marketing/success.  

I would like to end every post by suggesting a new song download. My musical tastes are extremely varied and range from Celine Dion, to Bad Religion, to DJ Tiestoto to Carrie Underwood, to Musicals. I love all types of songs, genres, beats, everything! I'm always open to hearing new groups/songs so if you have any suggestions for me please leave a post and I will definitely check it out!! 


Right now I'm really obsessed with this song: In and Out of Love by Armin Van Burren
It's off of his Imagine album that came out in 2008. Check it out. I LOVE IT!!!


Ciao!!
Juls


2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I wanted to be the first to leave a comment on your blog. My tune recomendation: Collarbone by Fujiya & Miyagi because I think you will like it. My summer anthem is Bruises by Chairlift.
    P.S. I can't wait to run away to Europe with you (lesbo undertone)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm Sarah. I'm LOVING Bruises. haha yesssss I never knew the name of that song!

    ReplyDelete